Over the last two days we’ve seen a rapidly spreading worm take over a number of Facebook accounts.
What is it?
The worm gets activated by clicking on a link to a video that ‘appears to be on facebook’ (please see how to spot a virus/scam page). By trying to watch a video it installs a chrome extension which then takes over your account and posts the link to your wall, tagging as many friends as possible.
1. Copy paste the following into your address bar: chrome://chrome/extensions/
2. On that page look for ‘MeasureIt’ or anything that looks dodgy.
3. Disable and remove the extension immediately.
4. Delete the posts from your Facebook wall via https://www.facebook.com/me/allactivity
5. Change all passwords for accounts you were logged into at the time.
6. Share this page with any friends who may have been infected.
A more in-depth removal process can be found here.
If you need any help removing this from your Account send us a message via here.